What Causes Stretch Marks After Breast Implants?

I had implants in 2005 and they seemed great for a few months. Shortly after, that I developed horrible stretch marks. I went from a A/B cup to a C/small D cup, and my weight is the same. What could cause this?

Stretch Marks and Implants

+2

Thanks for your question -

Stretch marks are caused when the elasticity of the deeper layers of your skin (the dermis) is not enough to compensate for pressure either from gravity or the volume of the structures underlying your skin.

Stretch marks are actually scars in the dermis where those deeper layers have torn.

Unfortunately there are not many great options for improving them.

I hope this answer helps.

Stretch marks after breast implants

+1

No one knows exactly why stretch marks develop.  Certainly stretching the skin is one cause, but genetics are probably the key component.

Skin type, breast implant size, and genetics determine these things

+1

Stretch marks after implant surgery are not common, but it can happen. A combination of heredity and implant size probably are factors responsible. How a particular woman's skin will respond when put under stretch is quite variable. See your surgeon. He or she may have advice as to how to minimize this.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks are hereditary.

+1

You do not say whether or not you have been pregnant.  If you have a genetic predisposition for stretch marks, any stretching of the skin can cause stretch marks.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon