Are these stretch marks and bruising normal after breast augmentation?

I am 2 days post op with 740cc Natrelle 410 anatomical "gummy bear" implants. My surgery included a bilateral capsulectomy and capsulotomy. I noticed that I have some stretch marks and bruising and am wondering if I need to be concerned. Please advise.

Stretch marks after breast augmentation?

+1
Those stretch marks appear silvery white and are likely old (previous to your breast surgery).  When the tissues swell, stretch marks swell more than the surrounding skin and can appear very obvious.  Once the swelling goes away, you won't be able to notice them as much.  Bruising sometimes happens after surgery - the photos do not show a lot of bruising, but pictures can be misleading in color.   (You should definitely follow-up with your plastic surgeon with any concerns, of course).  From this limited post, you look good!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Stretch marks and bruising two days after surgery.

+1
Based on the photos it would appear that you have limited bruising. Anytime you are concerned about your surgery, you should contact your plastic surgeon.  You can get stretch marks on your breasts after breast augmentation. It happens infrequently but is more common if you overstretch the skin with large implants. Unfortunately the stretch marks are permanent but will improve with a little with time.

Michael Zarrabi, MD

BBA

+1
You need to be examined in person to make sure that your bruising is not a concern.  The milted photos you have posted are not enough to determine this.  You should see your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1
The stretch marks are old, they were there before your surgery, they are just more visible now because your tissues are swollen; difficult to appreciate the bruising from these photos, but I dont see any huge area of concern, best to follow up with your surgeon.  You appear to have gotten good results!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon