Is It Possible to Get New Stretch Marks After a Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck done 10 months ago and I see that new stretch marks are appearing above my belly button. Is it possible that they are because of the skin that was streched or maybe i am gaining weight and my stomach is stretching back. What should I do?

Tummy Tuck does NOT cause Stretch Marks

+1

Stretch marks are caused by rapid stretching of the skin leading to actual cracks in its major layer-the dermis. These cracks fill with vascularized scar tissue which progressively loses the blood vessels and becomes white.

A Tummy Tuck removed all loose lower tummy skin. Any stretch marks higher than the level of the original belly button are usually left behind. I think you are seeing stretch marks you were not noticing before OR you have gained a significant amount of weight since the surgery which has accentuated existing or caused new stretch marks.

Stretch marks after tummy tuck

+1

Only you would know if you are gaining weight. It is rare to see stretch marks as a result of surgery but it does occur.