What Can Be Done About Stretch Marks from Pregnancy?

I have many stretch marks from 1 pregnancy. My stomach was flat shortly after but scars are on my sides and stomach. If I lean down there is some wrinkled or saggy skin in the middle but my stretch marks are the primary concern. I've read all through this website and can't determine whether a Tummy Tuck would help. I am 5'3 and 110 lbs. if it matters.

Stretch mark laser treatment after pregnancy

+1

In my practice, I use an ablative and a non-ablative laser for stretch marks, particularly those that develop after pregnancy and/or weight gain-loss.

Tummy tuck or thigh lift for stretch marks

+1

A full tummy tuck is most likely the best operation for your problem but it is nearly impossible to recommend without a consultation and examination. It may be that a thigh lift is a better option to treat the striae on the sides (hips).

Your best solution is to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to review your options.

THE ONLY CURE for Pregnancy Stretch Marks

+1

Stretch marks are not really marks. A mark is something you make with a crayon or pen on a flat surface. Stretch marks, on the other hand, should be called STRETCH CRACKS. They are full thickness cracks through the skin dermis which fill with scar tissue. As such they CANNOT be erased by anything we currently have in our medical bag of tricks.

The vast majority of low tummy stretch marks, however, CAN be removed with a well performed Tummy tuck which will remove all loose tummy skin.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea