What Will my Stretch Marks Look Like After my Full Tummy Tuck?

How much of my stretch marks will still remain after full tummy tuck? Also is there a way to find out a plastic surgeons complication or infection rate?

Tummy tuck - abdominoplasty results

+2

Complication and infection rates are readily available for plastic surgery in general but not for specific plastic surgeons. For a competent surgeon the rates are sufficiently low that a chart review of patients would be needed and most private surgeons would not expend the time required to do so.

How much of your stretch marks will remain after surgery depends on their extent/location before surgery and the amount of skin removed at surgery. For most abdominoplasty procedures stretchmarks that lie above the level of the belly button can be shifted downward but not completely removed. Stretchmarks that lie below the level of the belly button are usually completely removed by surgery.

Tummy tuck will remove some or all stretch marks

+1

Tummy tuck will remove some or all stretch marks. The amount depends on how much skin can be removed with the procedure.

Chicago Dermatologist