Best Way to Remove Old and White Stretch Marks?

I have stretch marks due to weight problems. I am afraid they have already turned white and old. What is the most effective stretch mark treatment to remove them? Do creams and ointments like Nivea's or BIO OIL work?

Stretch Mark Treatments

+1

The most effective stretch mark treatment is excision of the affected area. This works only in areas where there is excess skin (such as the abdomen after major weight loss). However, with this treatment, you are trading a scar for stretch marks and sometimes, abdominal stretch marks cannot be completely removed, even with an abdominoplasty. I have not known of any topical treatments to be effective in eradicating stretch marks. Laser can improve the appearence, but will not completely remove them.