4 Years Post-Op Breast Augmentation the Skin Over One Breast has Stretched Out More, Is this Normal?

I had breast augmentation about 4 years ago but soon after my surgery i notice that one breast is standing firm and the other one looks as if the skin stretched..it's hanging more then the other and this is really a concern. Any suggestions?

Breast augmentation differences

+1

Breast asymmetry is normal, and one breast always is a bit narrower thant the other. This can lead to a tighter breast on  one side.  As for sagging, this can happen over time. Without an exam it is hard to further comment.

Skin stretching 4 years after breast augmentation

+1

It is normal for the skin of the breast to give over time and stretch, with or without implants, leading to a hanging breast or ptosis.  Many women need a breast lift to tighten the skin.  Your plastic surgeon would be able to examine you to determine how best to address your ptosis and assymetry.

Nia Banks, MD, PhD
Washington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry 4 years after Breast Augmentation?

+1

My suggestion would be to follow-up with your plastic surgeon or another well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon for for direct examination.  There are many reasons for you to be experiencing breast asymmetry for years after breast augmentation;  the cause and treatment of the breast asymmetry can only be determined after a full history and physical examination is performed.