I Have Stretch Marks That Formed After my Tummy Tuck Above Belly Button Why? How? and What Can I Do?

I had a tummy tuck 10 weeks ago, and strech marks are appearing on my stomach above my belly button. elephant27@live.com

Stretch marks above the belly button after tummy tuck best treated with 1540 laser

+1

Thank you for your question. The tummy tuck procedure can remove stretch marks below the belly button but not those above. The stretch marks can be improved with the 1540 laser which can reduce their size and color but not remove them entirely.

Stretch marks after tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tuck is a great procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to tighten the muscle.  If you had stretch marks high up in the upper abdomen, you would still have some residual stretch marks after the tummy tuck.  Tummy tuck does not make new stretch marks.

Sugene Kim, MD