How Can I Tell if Strattice Hasn't Integrated? It Was Used to Correct Rippling and Now I Have a Lump and Still See Rippling?

I had breast implant revision surgery 2 months ago to correct rippling mediallyusing strattice. Prior to the revision I had silicone implants that were under the muscle. It has now been two months and i have a lump that i could feel on the right breast by the cleavage area. Does strattice need to smooth out or could this be from the strattice not being attached properly? I'm concerned and now I'm starting to see some slight rippling although it's not as bad as before will it go away?

Strattice for rippling

+1

You are still early in the healing process from your surgery.  The strattice has probably not fully incorporated yet.  The lump that you notice could also be from sutures that were used to sew the strattice in place.  I generally use a type of suture that may be palpable for several months after surgery and depending on the size of the "lump" that you are feeling, it may also improve with time if it is from an absorbable suture.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

Strattice is not the best solution for rippling

+1

Rippling after implants, especially gel implants, is due to inadequate soft tissue

over the implants.   The best treatment for insufficient

soft tissue is to add soft tissue- fat.

Strattice or orher ADM materials are 1mm thick

and are most oftenInadequate to 

Cover the implant.   The initial improvement was likely

due to swelling.  The cellular integration of strattice

is also not consistent.  I use fat on all such revisions and present

And write on this topic.  See the link for revision examples.

Dr Del vecchio

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD