Is It Safe to Wear the Strap After a Symmastia Repair?

I had my symmastia repair last week. My implants are sitting very far apart and in my armpits. Is it safe to wear the strap or will that harm my results?

Synmastia repair

+2

Hi,

Thank you for your question!

Synmastia can be a difficult issue to repair. It can also take several weeks to several months for your implants to settle down and see your final results. It is a very delicate situation. I usually do not recommend wearing a strap but you should follow the instructions of your surgeon and communicate any concerns with him or her. Once things have settled, then you can discuss your results with your plastic surgeon.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Symmastia surgery

+1

Every surgeon has a post operative care regimen that he/she feels is in your best interest. I would suggest that you (and other patients seeking advice online)  would be best served by addressing these specific questions to your surgeon who knows your situation better than any other surgeon possibly could. Best wishes.

Symmastia and repair

+1

You should  talk with your surgeon regarding post-op care after a symmastia repair.  Everyone has a different policy.

Wearing the strap after a symmastia repair

+1

First, I agree with the previous expert doc posters. You must follow the operating surgeon's advice and recommendations. But if you were my patient, I would NOT use a strap. Call the surgeon now.

Ask your surgeon about wearing the strap after symmastia repair

+1

I would like to echo Dr. Placik's comments.

Symmastia is caused on the too large implant road intersects the road of making the implant pockets just TOO large centrally where they meet as a "uni boob". The repair is challenging and frequently fails with a recurrent symmastia.

Rather than bypassing your surgeon -- you should be asking him for his advice. Personally, it appears your implants are still too large AND placed too highly.

ASK YOUR SURGEON: activity, care and restrictions after synmastia ("uniboob") repair.

+1

I am sure your surgeon took great effort to repair the synmastia and it looks as if it is successful. This can be an extremely difficult problem to correct and can easily recur if not managed properly. I would not want to interfere with their treatment plan and would HIGHLY recommend that you contact him/her for their recommendations.