Strange Tissue + Asymmetries. Will It Heal Correctly Or Will I Need Revision? (photo)

5 days ago I had a revision nose job: septoplasty, ear cartilage added to the bridge, tip-plasty. I know it’s too soon for any evaluation, I still wear the splint, but those so visible bulges from the nostrils are something common for this kind of procedure? Also I see an asymmetry between the left/ right side of the nose (tip and nostrils). Do I have any chance to get rid of these issues during the healing process or I might need correction in the future?  Thank you.

Early Healing Period Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question. The bulges you are noticing are likely related to swelling of the vestibular skin around the marginal incision lines made during your surgery. This will certainly improve over the next few days. 

As for the asymmetry of the tip and the nostrils, it is far too early to determine if you are likely to need another revision surgery. The nostrils and tip can appear asymmetric due to the way in which the splint is sitting on your nose. If this is the case, it should improve once the splint is removed. Another possibility is if more work was done on one side or the other (e.g. grafts along the nostril rims), there could be more swelling on this side. Also, if the incisions are closed with the stitches closer to the edge of the nostril rim on one side or the other, the nostrils can appear slightly asymmetric. Finally, it's possible that the underlying cartilage is shaped differently and this will become apparent over time. Your surgeon know best what was done inside your nose so you should address your concerns with her or him when you follow up next. 

Dr. Mehta

Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

5 days later

+1

I think you know the answer to this and I'm sure your surgeon has reassured you . If you had these irregularities at 3 months this would be a pertinent question. Patience.