Strange Permanent White Patch Developed on my Nostril After Open Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty 8 months ago. A white patch developed on my nostril at the incision going up to the bottom of the tip. It is slightly raised and has a red outline. I showed the Doctor he said it was normal from cartilage putting pressure on the skin I ask about it a few months later he said that it was probably there before the surgery and I never noticed it until now. I not happy at all with the results of the surgery. Do you think that it can be fixed with the revision or could it make it worse?

White Patch on Nostril after Open Rhinoplaasty

+2

The white patch is looks like it is secondary to pressure from the underlying tip cartilage. A physical examination would be necessary to confirm this impression. If you are considering a revision because  you're "not happy at all with the results of the surgery" this can be corrected at that time. 

Minor correction

+2

That looks like your cartilage footplate, it is a bit more prominent on one side as compared to the other.  The white colour is that of cartilage seen under moderately thin skin.  An attempt at revising it can likely be done under local freezing.  Talk to your surgeon, revisions should wait until one year after the original operation.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minor corrections to the nasal tip after rhinoplasty generally don't require general anesthesia.

+2

If I am interpreting the photograph correctly it looks as though there is asymmetry of the insertions of the medial footplates of the lower lateral cartilage. These can be delivered in fixed with local anesthesia.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.ht

White skin patch after rhinoplasty

+1

We just can't diagnose from a photo, though your surgeon should have the 'befores' to compare and see if the spot was indeed there. Revision after rhinoplasty is possible if the shortcoming is clear and the repair plan is sound.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty