Strange Noises in Both Gel Breast Implants?

Hi, I have had gel breast implants for 8 years with no prior problems. I had an MRI less than a year ago and all was clear. However I have been travelling for nearly a year now and have recently been going up and down alot with altitude and small flights. Today as I was lying down I noticed my breasts are making strange noises when the implants move or when I compress my breasts. There is no pain and they do not appear to have changed in size or shape. Should I be worried?

Strange Noises after 8 Years of Implants

+1

An exam by a plastic surgeon should be performed to determine if there is anything to worry about.  Another MRI can be performed if there is any doubt about the integrity of the implants.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Noises from breast implants

+1

It is a little bit out of the ordinary to have noises coming from breast implants that have  been in place for some 8 years.   It is reassuring that you had a normal mri within the year.  If this development has occurred since the mri was done, I think it is fair to say that something has changed since then.  Further work up should be considered at this point.  

I would suggest that you at least have a check  up with your surgeon.  There are some rare later term problems that can arise and should, for safety sake, be ruled out.  

Douglas Hargrave, M.D.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon