Strange Mark Next to Chin Implant Scar? (photo)

I had a chin implant (large) and neck lipo on may 25th, and on both sides, this strange purple-ish mark has appeared. I am worried and was wondering what is was, and if and when it will go away. Thank you.

Bruising after chin implant

+2

Your photo looks like normal bruising.

It is normal if you had an extended implant.

It is more than usual if your implant is an on-lay implant.

Regardless, time and - when ok'd by your surgeon - light massage and warm soaks 

will help it go away.

This looks like normal bruising after your chin implant.

+2

From the picture, it looks like a normal bruise after your implant.  This can occur after implants / surgery.  It will settle and should not affect your final outcome.  If you have no increased pain, no fever and the swelling is settling - you should be fine.  If you have any of these symptoms - please follow up with your surgeon sooner than your booked follow up.  All the best.

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Bruse

+2

It looks from your pictures that you are recently out of surgery. It looks like bruising, I would check with your surgeon to see what he thinks after an exam. Give your body time to heal and swelling and bruising to subside.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Bruising after chin Aug

+2

Not uncommon for this type of bruising to come out late and last later after a chin implant.  If you are concernec go back to your plastic surgeon and ask him if there was anything unusual that occurred. But I am very secure in telling you it looks like a bruise

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Bruising

+2

From the photo, it looks like bruising.  However, if you have any concern, you should show it to your doctor.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Bruising After Chin Enhancement

+1

Dear bntaylor,

The photo suggests that you may have bruising, which is very common after undergoing chin enhancement. I would visit your surgeon for proper postoperative care and followup.

Good luck with your recovery.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD