Strange Bumps Under Eye After Blepharoplasty? (photo)

Six months out from upper and lower bleph. Have a wonderful Dr. and I am pleased with my results overall. However, about 11 days post-op., I developed these hard, white bumps under my left eye. My Dr. said that he had not seen this before. He has injected a tiny bit of steroid, twice, but there's been no improvement. I will be seeing him again soon, however, in the meantime, any thoughts from the community here as to what these are and how to resolve? Thank you!

Strange Bumps Under Eye After Blepharoplasty? (

+1

Yes the other experts state you have "milia" Best to have them opened via a sterile needle puncturing .//

Bumps under eyes after blepharoplasty

+1

Bumps under the eye after blepharoplasty are almost certainly milia, which are small cysts that can develop at the location where the sutures were placed. They are easily treated in the office. If these develop, see your surgeon to have them treated.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps along blepharoplasty scars in the early post op period are not unusual

+1

The resolution on your photos is not great - but these small white bumps along the wound closure are probably milia - nests of epidermis that were 'dragged' under the epidermal level during wound closure. They can be treated in the office with a small needle and should heal without issue.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Bumpy incision after blepharoplasty

+1

this is relatively common and is called milia, as explained earlier, it's a collection of skin cells under the skin and can be 'fixed' by 'unroofing' the cyst and removing the contents, it will heal without issues after.

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Bumps Along Suture Line Following Blepharoplasty

+1

From the description of a hard bump, and seeing that they are right where sutures would have entered, I would guess that these are "milia", which are benign firm cysts made up of keratin (a material found in hair, nails and the top layers of skin). Presumably they form from skin cells being dragged under the surface by the suture needle, where they get trapped and produce a small round, hard, white cyst. These can form in the suture tracts and may go away on their own. However, they can be removed at any time in your doctors office by unroofing them with a sharp sterile needle, then plucking them out (after numbing the area, of course).

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon