Is It Possible to Straighten my Nose Bridge Without Adding Anything Inside?

As you can see from the photos, my nose has a weird hump to it. Is it possible to get a nose job without shaving the bone or adding anything into it? I heard that cartilage is moldable...would it possible to mold my nose tip up so that the nose bridge straightens out? Thanks so much!

Bump on nose

+2

you will need to either lower the top or raise the bottom if you want a completely smooth profiel. One takes away and one adds. Neither are mahor procedures and should only require your own cartilage.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can nasal cartilage be molded

+1

No, the nasal cartilage is not able to be molded in that sense and your photo shows a dorsal hump.   IMHO it would be best to reduce this (during Rhinoplasty) for the proper aesthetic profile...versus filling everything else in which would raise the bridge above the tip height (aesthetically incorrect).

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Nasal hump

+1

Shaving down the slight dorsal hump may be all that you require.  Tip cartilage is only realtively moldable and would requie sutures to keep it in a certain shape.

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump.

+1

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump only involves filing down the bump and nothing more if that is all that concerns you. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.