Can Invisalign Correct Two Straight Teeth That Are Not the Same Length?

I have a 2 teeth that is shorter than the rest. Can Invisalign help correct this problem. Also, I do have a few crooked teeth and an overbite. I want a nice smile.

Invisalign can level uneven anterior teeth

+2

Levelling anterior teeth with Invisalign can work depending upon the source of the discrepancy. Some teeth become 'anchored' to the bone and will not move no matter what you are moving them with. In this case masking their relative position depends upon procedures your dentist can perform on the teeth and gums. In the case of uneven eruption or 'blocked' teeth that did not fully erupt into position,  Invisalign can be used to straighten and level them. In many cases it is necessary to use "attachments" or dental cement buttons that are tooth colored to assist in moving these teeth vertically into alignment. They are easily removed after treatment.

Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign: The Best Way to Make Front Teeth Even?

+1

While you COULD extrude or intrude teeth using Invisalign, the most important question is SHOULD you? There are several variables to consider when deciding whether you should lengthen a short tooth, intrude a long one, or use cosmetic dentistry to resolve the discrepancy. Some of these include the length of the other teeth in the smile (the smile line), the positions of the gumline on the teeth in volved (since it will follow the tooth if you move it up and down), and the condition of the teeth involved (worn or broken). It is also important to consider what you will do to maintain the position of the tooth if you choose to move it orthodontically. Whether it is moved up or down, it always tends to move back in the direction it came from unless retained in some way. Building up the worn or broken edge of a short tooth with cosmetic dentistry may give a much faster, more stable result than braces or Invisalign (and I'm an orthodontist who loves moving teeth!). Good luck!

Albuquerque Orthodontist

Invisalign CAN extrude teeth

+1

If the length of teeth discrepency is from the position, Invisalign MIGHT be able to help, but it is more challenging than with traditional wires and brackets.  If the teeth are short from wear and tear, it might be better to make them longer, normally with porcelain veneers or crowns.

When you say you "want a nice smile" it is important to find a dentist that is trained in smile design to help guide you with your decision process.  It may be a simple case, and it may be more involved than you think for your desired outcome.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Can invisalign correct a short tooth?

+1

It all depends on why the tooth looks short!

Although Invisalign has a harder time extruding (lengthening) a tooth, if needed it can be done.  Often, however, a short tooth is just short and is better handled by the dentist with a buildup or veneer

Saint Louis Orthodontist

+1

Invisalign certainly can straighten and align the teeth to the same lenght in most cases. More information is needed though to diagnose each situation properly. I would advise you to have a consulation with a trained Invisalign doctor, who probably will need some xrays and other diagnostic tools in order to provide you with a proper recomendation and solutions to your desire to have a nice smile. Other options you might explore are braces or porcelain veneers. Hope this helps.

Dr. Ayzin

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign races to correct crooked teeth.

+1

Invisalign is a tool that can be used to correct misalignment of teeth. Judging by the picture you have a right central incisor that is shorter than the left and some other misalignment of the other teeth. Invisalign can be employed to correct the misalignment an perhaps bring down the right incisor. Alternatively dental bonding or veneers can be used ( there is a prominent white spot on the left incisor) to give you a beautiful smile. Consult your dentist for your best option Best of luck.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist