Straight Across Eyebrows and Unresolving Pressure and Edema 5 Days Post Brow Lift?

i had a combined technique browlift (two incisions slightly behind hairline each about 2 in long) And blespho. put in two 'hang stitches'. suspected hematoma when seen day two post op. Lasix started. extreme pressure and pain behind each incision line and temples and at these hang stitch sites so I called last night. prednisone prescribed (5 day pack). STILL no betterr. should I call? VERY WORRIED that my eyebrows are now archless!, Straight across and they droop more than they used to!

+2

After 5 days post surgery you are still swollen and drawn tight.  Give yourself more time for the swelling to go down to see the final result.  It can take several months for all the swelling to go down. 

Still early

+2

Dear Caputorj

It is too early after surgery for you to worry about asymmetry. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery which would camouflage results, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months. In  general, I would not worry too much until the 3 month post operative visit, and sometimes even longer than that. Scars can mature for up to a year after surgery. Please be patient with your body and let it heal.

If you post photos, we might be able to give you a better answer.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

5 Days post op pressure from brow lift.

+1

It is very early and the symptoms you describe sound normal for this stage. I would suggest you discuss with your surgeon so he/she is aware and you can be reassured that all is healing as scheduled.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about brow lift results

+1

Thank you for your question. It is too early to determine the outcome of the procedure. But, you have to communicate your concerns with you surgeon. He will advise you about the cause swelling, pain and future outcome. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Pressure after browlift

+1

Not sure exactly what's going on even with your description. You should return to your surgeon and follow instructions. Your surgeon has the best knowledge in this case since he/she was there.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Post brow lift problems

+1

Post operative concerns should be directed to your surgeon. Any ethical practitioner should be available or have a colleague available to see you. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon