I Stored my Perlane Injections in Refrigerator for 4 Months. Did I Damage Them?

I store my perlane injections in refrigirator for 4 months did I cause them to be damaged? I took them out just two days back so I can use them after 2 days, is it ok or they are damaged? Please help me

Perlane and storage

+1

Check with the manufacturer for proper storage guidelines and recommendations on any previously opened and/or unopened product.

Saving Perlane Syringes....NOT Recommended!

+1

I NEVER recommend saving a syringe after opening it.  It is our policy that you use it or lose it!  For health purposes, storing/saving a syringe that has been already open can contain unwanted bacteria and cause infections.  Refrigerating the product is not recommend by the company either. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens   

Grant Stevens, MD

Perlane and refrigeration

+1

As far as I know, it is not recommended to refrigerate or store perlane after it is opened.    You can also ask the company.

It’s not recommended to refrigerate Perlane for 4 months

+1

It’s not recommended to refrigerate Perlane for 4 months. I would call the company to ask them.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Perlane is very stable

+1

Perlane doesn't need to be stored in a refrigerator.  It should be protected from freezing and extremes of heat.  Actually storing it in the refrigerator should not damage the product, but it shouldn't be frozen.  If the syringe has been partially used, it is not recommended that you re-use it for fear of bacterial contamination.  

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Stored my Perlane

+1

Very risky is re use due to contamination. I agree e/mail the parent company to discuss, but I asked their representative in MIAMI. His answer was NOT to use opened product. So there you go, Bad isea to store and re use. 

Storage of Restylane in refrigerator

+1

In order to determine if the Restylane is safe to use, you should contact Medicis, the company, directly and ask their scientists to let you know.

Ronald Shelton, MD