Is it ok to stop/skip your period while healing from Vaginoplasty/labiaplasty?

I had vagino/labiaplasty 2.5 weeks ago. I was supposed to get my period last week, but skipped it by not taking the last week of birth control pills and going right in to the next months cycle. I was nervous to have all that blood while healing. My healing process seems to be going great, though and I can't see my period being a problem. Should I stop the pills now, or wait until the end of this pack?

Stay on your regular schedule

+2
I normally have my patients continue their regular schedule.  The extra blood does not affect the healing process.  You should consult with your surgeon here but I don't think you will have any problems.  Glad to hear the healing is going well.  

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon