Is it ok to stop/skip your period while healing from Vaginoplasty/labiaplasty?

I had vagino/labiaplasty 2.5 weeks ago. I was supposed to get my period last week, but skipped it by not taking the last week of birth control pills and going right in to the next months cycle. I was nervous to have all that blood while healing. My healing process seems to be going great, though and I can't see my period being a problem. Should I stop the pills now, or wait until the end of this pack?

Stay on your regular schedule

I normally have my patients continue their regular schedule.  The extra blood does not affect the healing process.  You should consult with your surgeon here but I don't think you will have any problems.  Glad to hear the healing is going well.  

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Using Birth Control Pills to Delay Your Period After Vaginoplasty

If you have a heavy period, there might be some benefit to continuing the pills to delay the period until 3-4 weeks postop to reduce the need for applying vaginal pads against the labiaplasty sutures. Tampons are out of the question. If you have a light period, it doesn't really make a difference.