How to Stop Wrinkles Caused by Restylane?

How do I treat eye wrinkles caused by Restylane injections under the eye?  I had Restylane injected under my eyes 9 months ago.

Now, as it begins to wear off, I am getting deep under eye wrinkles. Before, I had no eye wrinkles, just hollows. I am only 30.

I'm afraid Restylane may have stretched out the skin around the eye. Are there any procedures out there to treat this? And can I stop it? The Restylane hasn't completely dissolved.

Wrinkles 9 months after restylane injection

+1

It is very unlikely that Restylane would cause wrinkles.

I assume you had the Restylane injected to fill your tear troughs.

Did the Dr who injected the Restylane take "Before" photos? By looking at theose, you may disccover that you may have in fact had somewrinkles before the Restylane injections.

Eyelid wrinkles are best treated with Laser Resurfacing, classic or fractional.

Chicago Dermatologist

Wrinkles from Restylane

+1

Hi Luci

It is improbable that the Restylane you had is stretching out the skin in the lower eyelids. However, the product does hold water and may create an irregular look. The good news is that this can usually be adjusted with an enzyme called vitrase that is used for this purpose. I think you would benefit from a consultation from someone who knows what they are doing. Based on this a treatment plan for you can be developed. There is help out here, you just need to look.

Restylane causing wrinkles

+1

I am a believer that Restylane does not cause any permanent new wrinkles. On occasion, in the immediate post procedure period, some associated swelling or edema may present as if it is a new wrinkle, but it is likely to go away and is not permanent.

If you are concerned with new wrinkles it is in all likelihood not due to fillers such as Restylane, ie temporary and lasting typically 6-8 months.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon