Can't Stop Smoking Before my Rhinoplasty, is 2-3 Weeks Pre-Op Enough TIme?

my surgery is on february 4th and my doctor told me I should atleast stop smoking a whole month before my surgery and after the surgery. I think I can handle not smoking after the surgery but I stopped smoking for just one day and I felt really depressed and bored. I heard that I should stop for atleast 2 weeks before the surgery but my doctor said I should stop for a month. so, why is it different with every doctor and what if I stopped smoking for just 2-3 weeks before my surgery,is it OK?

Smoking before Rhinoplasty

Stopping smoking 2-3 weeks before a rhinoplasty is NOT enough time. Delay your surgery until you have stopped for a month at the very least. I, in fact, require 2 months. It takes that amount of time for the nicotine to be excreted and for your tissues to recover to a reasonable vascularity to make the procedure safe. You are doing this to improve your looks. If you have a complication and a part of your nose dies, the resulting problem will be hard if not impossible to repair and you will live with the disaster the rest of your life.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon