How Can I Stop Profuse Sweating out of my Armpits?

I am 16 years old, and I sweat profusely out of my armpits. I wear prescription strength antiperspirant deodorant, and that doesn't do a thing. I sweat no matter what the temperature is, and no matter what I'm doing. I'll have sweat stains on my armpits that take up my whole armpit, and go all the way down to my ribs.

Miradry is FDA approved for underarm hyperhidrosis -

+2

Wait until you are 17 and you can have the miraDry procedure. It is FDA approved and highly successful in 1-2 sessions to treat excessive sweating of the underarms. Another option would be Botox injections for underam sweating. It would be treated every 3-6 months depending on how fast your body metabolizes the Botox.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Profuse Sweating Under the Armpit

+1

Patients should always try conservative means first.  Certain-dr, drysol and Xerac are all possible choice which can take up to a month to work.  Some patients can not tolerate these products.  Botox is another excellent option and can last between 3-6 months for this application.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is the simple, quick, easy answer to your problem...

+1

you suffer from primary hyperhidrosis and have progressed through the treatment plan in a logical order and now it's time to expand your horizons to botox...about 50 units injected into multiple sites under each arm and you should be good to go...maybe for about a year...talk to your doctor and see how easy it is to boost your self-esteem and confidence

Ken Landow, MD

Miradry stops excessive armpit sweating, it really works

+1

Soaking through your shirts everyday shouldn't happen to anyone.  The miradry system uses shallow microwaves to damage/destroy the sweat and odor glands in the skin.  This can give excessive sweaters long term if not permanent relief from their suffering.  The success rate has been really high with 1-2 treatments costing around $3000 total which, compared to the ongoing costs of Botox injections, makes it quite cost effective.  As a surgeon who has written a textbook on lasers, and a text on cosmetic injectables, the combination of safety, effectiveness and longevity of this device has converted me from all   the other techniques to this for my patients. Hope that helps and definitely check it out.

Victor Lacombe, MD
Sonoma Valley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excessive armpit sweating

+1

Botox, Dyport the Cellulaze Sidelaze laser will treat excessive armpit sweating.

Results are noticeable within days and last up to one year with the neurotoxins and years for the laser.

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Excessive Sweating

+1

You suffer from hyperhidrosis, a condition of over productive sweat glands. Since you have already tried the first intervention recommended with the prescriptive antiperspirant, the next step would be to receive a treatment of Botox in the underarms.  This treatment  involves mapping out the offending sweat zone and then injecting a very dilute Botox through out the desired area.  These injections are very small and are place superficial in the top layer of the skin.  Topical numbing cream or cold therapy can be used to desensitize the underarm making  the discomfort minimal. Results are seen within a week and typically last 4-6 months.  

Kenneth Janoff, MD
Portland General Surgeon

Perfuse sweating of the armpits.

+1

It looks like you have the medical condition hyperhydrosis.  We usually start with patient trying the standard remedies, (dry-sol, etc).  If this does not work, we have found Botox to be quite effective.  More invasive procedures include myraDry, and surgical disruption of the sweat glands.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Axillary hyperhidrosis and underarm sweating with Retrograde Suction Curettage

+1

In my office in Los Angeles, I recommend treatments for axillary hyperhidrosis including the Retrograde Suction Curettage procedure.  Miradry is another option.  Miradry may require multiple sessions, whereas the retrograde suction curettage has been shown to be effective in most patients with one treatment. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Axillary shaving for hyperhidrosis or miraDry

+1

If you have tried common remedies such as antiperspirants with little to no effect and feel you sweat for no reason whether you are anxious or not, you may want to try a starch iodine test.  This will help you determine how quickly you produce moisture in the armpits.  A good non-surgical solution is Botox.  However, this needs to repeated every 4-6 months and the costs can start to build up.  A great surgical solution is axillary shaving where you make an incision in the armpit and physically shave off the sweat glands from the undersurface.   This technique significantly reduces the number of sweat glands that can produce sweat.  There is a very high satisfaction rate for this procedure.usually consider three medical/surgical treatment options once a patient has exhausted efforts to reduce axillary (armpit) hyperhidrosis (sweating).  

miraDry is a new device that permanently reduces sweating.  It requires 2-3 treatments and can be as effective as Botox, but once you've completed your treatment series, you are done.  This usually costs $3000-4000 depending on whether you need more than 2 treatment sessions.  My recommendation is start with miraDry and use surgery as your last resort.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Treatments for Excessive Sweating of the Underarms (aka. hyperhidrosis)

+1

Dear guitar520,

Excessive sweating of the underarms is a common condition called axillary hyperhidrosis. For mild cases, topical antiperspirants may be effective. For more significant cases, treatments such as Botox injections, liposuction of the underarms, and the noninvasive miraDry procedure may be effective.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD