How Can I Stop Profuse Sweating out of my Armpits?

I am 16 years old, and I sweat profusely out of my armpits. I wear prescription strength antiperspirant deodorant, and that doesn't do a thing. I sweat no matter what the temperature is, and no matter what I'm doing. I'll have sweat stains on my armpits that take up my whole armpit, and go all the way down to my ribs.

Miradry is FDA approved for underarm hyperhidrosis -

Wait until you are 17 and you can have the miraDry procedure. It is FDA approved and highly successful in 1-2 sessions to treat excessive sweating of the underarms. Another option would be Botox injections for underam sweating. It would be treated every 3-6 months depending on how fast your body metabolizes the Botox.

Miradry instead!

Our office specializes in Miraday. Miradry just got FDA clearance for elimination of all hair colors under the arm. It also has clearance for the elimination of underarm sweating and odor. Much cheaper than botox and permanent.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

MiraDry for dramatic, permanent reduction in axillary sweating and odor

MiraDry is a noninvasive, in-office procedure that uses microwaves to destroy sweat glands in the armpits. Patients typically have a 90% reduction with just one treatment. This means that most patients no longer need deodorant or antiperspirant after treatment.

Botox works best

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear of your excessive sweating.

Botox works best -- 50 units per each armpit. A total of 100 units. You will have a  4 month benefit of the treatment and will notice a significant reduction in underarm sweat and smell.

- Dr. Bryson Richards

Profuse Sweating Under the Armpit

Patients should always try conservative means first.  Certain-dr, drysol and Xerac are all possible choice which can take up to a month to work.  Some patients can not tolerate these products.  Botox is another excellent option and can last between 3-6 months for this application.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is the simple, quick, easy answer to your problem...

you suffer from primary hyperhidrosis and have progressed through the treatment plan in a logical order and now it's time to expand your horizons to botox...about 50 units injected into multiple sites under each arm and you should be good to go...maybe for about a year...talk to your doctor and see how easy it is to boost your self-esteem and confidence

Ken Landow, MD

Miradry stops excessive armpit sweating, it really works

Soaking through your shirts everyday shouldn't happen to anyone.  The miradry system uses shallow microwaves to damage/destroy the sweat and odor glands in the skin.  This can give excessive sweaters long term if not permanent relief from their suffering.  The success rate has been really high with 1-2 treatments costing around $3000 total which, compared to the ongoing costs of Botox injections, makes it quite cost effective.  As a surgeon who has written a textbook on lasers, and a text on cosmetic injectables, the combination of safety, effectiveness and longevity of this device has converted me from all   the other techniques to this for my patients. Hope that helps and definitely check it out.

Victor Lacombe, MD
Santa Rosa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excessive armpit sweating

Botox, Dyport the Cellulaze Sidelaze laser will treat excessive armpit sweating.

Results are noticeable within days and last up to one year with the neurotoxins and years for the laser.

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Excessive Sweating

You suffer from hyperhidrosis, a condition of over productive sweat glands. Since you have already tried the first intervention recommended with the prescriptive antiperspirant, the next step would be to receive a treatment of Botox in the underarms.  This treatment  involves mapping out the offending sweat zone and then injecting a very dilute Botox through out the desired area.  These injections are very small and are place superficial in the top layer of the skin.  Topical numbing cream or cold therapy can be used to desensitize the underarm making  the discomfort minimal. Results are seen within a week and typically last 4-6 months.  

Kenneth Janoff, MD
Portland General Surgeon

Perfuse sweating of the armpits.

It looks like you have the medical condition hyperhydrosis.  We usually start with patient trying the standard remedies, (dry-sol, etc).  If this does not work, we have found Botox to be quite effective.  More invasive procedures include myraDry, and surgical disruption of the sweat glands.

Jeffrey Roth, MD