Would I Have to Stop my Allergy Medication 2 Weeks Before Lip Augmentation Surgery?

Do I avoid certain medications so that my lips would heal better or is it primarily because of complications with surgery? Which vitamins or medications will effect healing?

Lip augmentation surgery

+1

For my patiens I have them avoid medications that can cause bleeding like aspirin and NSAID's.  Herbals can also cause bleeding so I have thema void that as well. You should ask yoru surgeon.

+1

There's a rather long list of medications, over the counter meds and supplements that either thin the blood (making you more prone to bleeding, swelling and bruising) or interfere with anesthesia.  This should be explained by the plastic and cosmetic surgeon performing your Lip Augmentation.  Be sure to select a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty to perform your lip augmentation.  There's a very specific aesthetic size ratio, between the lips, that must not be violated or the lips appear, mis-shpen or duck-like.  

Medications

+1

Your surgeon should provide you a list of medications to avoid prior to your surgery. Also, make sure you disclose all of your current medications and vitamins/supplements.

Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Preparation for Lip Surgery?

+1

There will be a whole list of "dos and  don'ts” that will be provided to you by your plastic surgeon prior to your surgery ( usually on a preoperative visit).