Should I Stop Exercising Before my Smartlipo?

I am having smartlipo done in a week and was told that i have to stop all physical activity before my procedure. Is this true? Is there any type of activity that i am allowed to do?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Working out Before Smart Lipo

+1

There is not reason to stop physical activity before Smart Lipo. After the procedure I recommend patients wait 1-2 weeks before resuming physical exercise.

Web reference: http://marylandliposuction.com/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

No Need to Stop Daily Exercise Before Smart Lipo

+1

No need to stop your usual and customary routine especially mild to moderate exercise. This should not affect the surgery or your results.

Feel free to continue your activities

+1

Smartlipo is such an easily tolerated procedure, you can certainly continue with your normal activities up until the procedure. Even afterwards we recommend a light workout as early as the following day. Not only will you feel better, but you will help to mobilize the retained water you still have, from the procedure.

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

You definitely can continue to exercise before smartlipo

+1

i cannot understand why your surgeon would suggest you stop any exercising before having smartlipo done. that makes no sense to me at all. perhaps you misunderstand your surgeon.

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Exercise before SmartLipo

+1

I don't ask patients to stop all activity before liposuction.  I would not recommend doing something that you are not used to doing or increasing your activity substantially, but your normal routine should be ok.  However, it is always advisable to follow the recommendations of the surgeon who is performing the procedure.  Only he or she knows your particular circumstance and what is planned.   Good luck! 

Activity

+1

Most patients actually are motivated to exercise after smart lipo if not before.Exercise is healthy just don't over do it

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com