Stomach Still Tender 9 Weeks After Mini Tummy Tuck

I had a mini tummy tuck with liposuction (no muscle repair and had a drain in for a week and a half) about 9 weeks ago and my stomach is still tender to touch.I can still feel lumps underneath the skin and it just feels sore if I push a little, like a bruise. I had 3 sessions of endermologie done, the last one being several weeks ago. I wore a compression garment for the first six weeks and now I wear the high waisted Spanx. I was just wondering if this tenderness is normal.

Persistent Mini Tummy Tuck Tenderness

+2

People heal at different rates and obviously the more involved the procedure, the greater the down time and the greater should be the expected benefits.

A Mini Tummy Tuck, as was done in you (no relocation of the belly button and no muscle repair with probably minimal liposuction) is usually not associated with a significant down time. The vast majority of my Full Tummy Tuck patients (muscle repair, belly button relocation, liposuction of the back) return to the gym by 4-5 weeks after this much greater surgery.

If "normal" is the center of a bell curve of the experience of all patients undergoing a certain procedure, your recovery is off center and, as such, not "normal". Your recovery has been slower than others but if your surgeon feels that you are proceeding well and there are no complications to explain it, I would not worry about it.

Tenderness after mini tummy tuck at 9 wks

+1

Having tenderness 9 weeks after a mini tummy tuck can occur, but I would be sure that things are progressing correctly and suggest you follow closely with your doctor.

Tender belly 9 weeks after mini tummy tuck

+1

In some instances an initially numb belly may appear to become more sensitve as the nerves recover from the surgical injury. However, this is only a guess and you should consult with your surgeon. Desensitization exercises may help.