Stomach Surgeries and Lipo?

I have had 9 endometriosis and PCOS Laps ... Gall Bladder surgery, 1 C-Sect and a Hysterectomy. I can't seem to lose weight no matter what I try. I have had 3 children and 2 pregnancies (1 singleton and 1 set of twins). I have a lot of excess skin and would love to be able to get rid of my belly that still looks like i am pregnant (the twins are 7) :(

Stomach Surgeries and Lipo?

+1

Following the exact advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited history without photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure (liposuction - tummy tuck) may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1

Although a physical examination or picture evaluation is required, I believe the best procedure would be a tummy tuck in combination with liposuction.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction after Other Abdominal Surgeries

+1
Thank you for your question. If you are hoping to tighten your abdominal wall and get rid of excess skin, a tummy tuck can be a good solution.  Liposuction addresses excess fat, but does not improve the muscle postion or take away stretched out skin.  To know what is good in your particular circumstances, seek out an experienced surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic Surgery.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1
It would always be best to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon so he or she can evaluate your needs and what options are best for you. I would suggest making a consult or two.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

TT and Lipo

+1
Dear mom2threekids, after having pregnancies, in special twins, woman gets skin excess and a belly that looks bigger than what actually it is. It is cause because you abdominal muscles gets separated one from another and they get weak. In your case after having multiple surgery fat seem to be accumulated by the sides of the scar. It would be beneficial in your case with your story to get a tummy tuck to achieve a flat abdomen and a liposuction to achieve a better shape. If you need more information please feel free to contact us. Kelvin Eusebio.

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

Liposuction after abdominal surgeries

+1
My guess is that you probably need a tummy tuck and not liposuction after twins.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Liposuction will only make the sagging skin look worse.  Any surgery is a bit more complicated when there has already been scarring from other procedures but this is something that we deal with routinely in plastic surgery.  Best wishes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction to Remove Belly Fat

+1
Previous stomach surgeries could increase your risk of abdominal wall perforation with liposuction.  Also, when you have "a lot of excess skin", liposuction may not be the best option for your particular needs as it only removes fat and does not tighten loose skin.  You may want to consider an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck procedure, but again, with the previous surgeries and scar tissue you may be at an increased risk for flap necrosis.  The best thing to do would be to seek a comprehensive consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is well versed in body contour surgery.  Only during a physical exam can a surgeon determine if the risk of your previous surgeries outweigh the benefit of cosmetic surgery.  

Arthur Dean Jabs, MD, PhD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Prior surgical procedures and excess skin of abdomen

+1

With the number of procedures you have had, I believe the best place for you to start is with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these procedures regularly. The scars from your prior procedures will limit certain procedures from being performed.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Stomach Surgeries and Lipo?

+1
Thank you for your question. There are many surgical treatment options for the removal of excess fat and skin from the abdomen. I recommend that you make an appointment to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of your surgical options.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon