Stomach Flab Loose Skin or Fat?

I had a baby 11 mos. ago and my stomach is flabby and dimpled-like now. It was not this way before, however, I gained 55 lbs in my pregnancy. I have never considered plastic surgery, but have worked hard to lose all my baby weight. I hate the way my stomach looks and feels. How can I tell if the flab is fat or loose skin? How do I tell if dieting and exercise is not going to help anymore?

It is probably stretched skin, muscle and some fat

+1

That which you describe is probably a combination of stretched tissues and some additional fat. I would advise you get to a weight that you can maintain over time via diet and exercise and if that results in a look you still want to improve, then seek the opinions of a few qualified plastic surgeons. The most valid opinions will come after a qualified professional or two has examined you.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Tummy

+1

55 lbs is a substantial weight gain. You say you have worked hard to lose it but don't say if you have been successful. It would be best for you to first try to lose as much as you can on your own and keep it off for awhile. If your abdomen is still not the way you want it then you should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon in your area. Go to www.plasticsurgery.org to find someone. You need a skilled professional to tell you if you need liposuction &/or tummy tuck.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD