My Stomach is Larger Now That Before my Tummy Tuck 7 Weeks Ago

after two weeks a catheter was put in for a seroma which remain in place for 4 weeks, I'm no longer draining but my stomach is just as larger as the day after surgery and the doctor says seroma surgery will not work. I never wore a compression garment because he said he does not recommend them for tummy tucks. I've seen an internal/ infectious disease doctor and my surgeon,twice a week for the last 7 weeks had several ultra sounds and still don't no any reason why my tummy is not flat.

Stomach larger

+1

the only obvious thing i can think of is that your internal plication stitches have released  which could happen for a multitude of reasons, thus thngs are not as flat as you would like.  all surgeons are different.  i routinely use binders after abdominoplasty,  though i do open them every 3-4 hours to prevent vascular compromise.

Newark Plastic Surgeon

No change after Tummy Tuck

+1

It sounds like you have a complicated case and post op course.  Without seeing before and after pictures, examining you in person and knowing much more information about your operative course, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  It sounds like your surgeon is doing the right thing with US imaging and consulting other doctors.  If they have not done a CT Scan yet, you may ask them to consider this.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Large tummy after tummy tuck

+1

Sorry you are still having problems.  It's hard to say exactly what is going on.  It certainly sounds like you have done a good job following up with your surgeon.

If you are still having trouble getting a handle on what is happening, I recommend you ask your surgeon for the name of another good plastic surgeon in the area you can talk to.  Perhaps talking to someone else will help you better understand your options.