Why Does my Stomach Hang After my Tummy Tuck?

Tummy tuck complication?

+1

Tough question to answer without more history/physical exam or pictures. There should be no “hang”. Follow-up with your surgeon with your concerns. Best wishes.

Hanging skin after tummy tuck

+1

Your skin really shouldn't be "hanging" after a tummy tuck. Almost alwys the lower tummy skin and pubic skin get swollen after surgery and will look "puffy" but this will settle down over about 3 months. You should discuss it with your surgeon. Perhaps there was some issue he/she was concerned with . Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Skin hangs after tummy tuck--Why?

+1

The usual answer is that not enough skin was removed, or the muscles were not tightened, or both. The secondary answer is that whomever did your surgery may not have had proper training, experience, or certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

You should wait until 6 months after surgery and seek consultation with one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons experienced in abdominoplasty (if your surgeon was not). See your surgeon and discuss your concerns if you trust him and have verified his credentials.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Why does stomach hang after tummy tuck

+1

without photos it is difficult to say. Usually that does not occur. My recommendation is to return to your plastic surgeon and let them evaluate you and make a recommendation to improve things for you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon