What to Do About Fat on Stomach at 15?

i am 15 and i hate my flab on my stomach. i eat healthy and excersise and i am still fat. i weigh 130 pounds but i am really flexible and strong. although hate the idea of surgery i hate my 'flab' more!!

Liposuction for belly fat at age 15!

+2

At your age I would get some nutrition counseling and exercise program under an exercise trainer. You should start keeping a log for at least a week to see what you really eat and what is your calorie intake. You'll be surprised that even on "good healthy foods" if taken in excess will end up depositing it in the form of fat in certain areas of your body. At 15 you are still growing and your body will continue to change under the influence of the sex hormones. I personally would not advocate surgery for you. I would wait until you give a good realistic try to the above and stop growing. Good luck.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Flabby belly at 15

+1

Before considering a surgical procedure, which has risks, at your young age, you should invest your effort and money in a nutritionist and physical trainer. It helps to have a coach follow you and it gives you an incentive to adhere to your program so that you report back to your coaches with improved measurements . You should be able to improve your flabbiness without surgery. It may take a long time, but if you start now, you will get there sooner than if you don't do anything about it.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction can be done on teenagers with the appropriate indications

+1

Liposuction is best used to treat areas that are out of proportion to the rest of the body even with a normal body weight. A belly that has some extra fullness would be a perfect example of this. Teenagers are often dealing with alot of things that can make them uncomfortable as they grow up and change. Having a part of your body that is embarrassing can make all of this more awkward to handle. On the other hand, liposuction is a surgery and not to be taken lightly.  A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to explain the options, and help you and your parents understand the pros and cons of having or not having the procedure.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon