Stomach Looks Bigger 1 Month Post-op Lipo

Hi! I had liposuction for my abs and neck 1 month ago. I'm actually a really lightweight person (male, 125 lb), so it wasn't a huge procedure, just had some trouble spots. Well, my stomach looks a bit bigger than before the surgery. And my neck area doesn't look different at all. Is 1 month too early to tell if there's a problem?

Liposuction Results

+2

At one month time there is still a fair amount of swelling that has set in.  I usually have my patients wear the abdominal binder or some tight garment for 6 weeks time.  I usually tell them that their final result isnt until 4 months out from surgery.

Good luck and be patient.

One month post liposuction

+1

One month post liposuction is very early to see the final results, and in fact when you increase acitivity levels you may notice more swelling.  Give it more time.

Stomach still swollen after liposuction

+1

It generally takes up to 3 months to see the results of liposuction. Swelling and distension can all contribute to masking the result.