What Would You Rate This Rhinoplasty on a Difficulty Factor? (photo)

So here is a photo of my nose.I know noses are the hardest procedure in plastic surgery. Im asian, have lots of cartlidge in my nose. The bone in the middle is thick. I want my tip lifted and smaller, the bridge majorly reduced. How much could I even reduce it by? I also want my nostrils to be closer to the bridge. They flare out a lot when I smile. Also how much would you charge me?

What is a minor rhinoplasty?

+1

Overall, you do need the cosmetic changes you described and seem like you have a good understanding of what needs to be accomplished.This is a surgery in which the surgical procedures used depend on the deformities addressed. No two rhinoplasties are ever done 'the same." Even a "simple" rhinoplasty can be difficult for those who do not have a lot of experience with rhinoplasty surgery. So most importantly, choose you surgeon well: check their education and pre and postop photos, talk to their patients...before making your decision.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

What needs to be accomplished with your nose appears fairly straightforward. Reduce  the hump, refine the tip, and narrow the nasal bones.  But you still need to be careful choosing an experienced surgeon who can show your cases that are similar to you.  Experience and good judgement are essential in choosing a surgeon.  The cost would be around $7000 - $8000 in total.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty difficulty

+1

Unfortunately, it is difficult to accurately assess your nose from these photographs. It would be much easier to answer your question with a face-to-face consultation. That being said, there is no such thing as a simple rhinoplasty. If you ever hear otherwise, that surgeon probably knows little about rhinoplasty. I treat every rhinoplasty as a complex surgery. It sounds like you want some significant changes, so I would seek a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty difficulty level

+1

Your nose is about a 5 on the scale of 1-10.

You should not get fooled by the level of ease or difficulty as complications can happen even in the simplest rhinoplasty. The most important thing is to choose the surgeon who will help you through the complications if you were to get one.

My fee for your surgery would be $5000.00

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Difficulty of Rhinoplasty

+1

When I was a resident a patient asked one of my mentors if the surgery she was having was major surgery.My mentor thought about it then responded,"Any surgery on me or a member of my family is major surgery".I would suggest you take the same approach.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Tip and base rhinoplasty recommendation

+1

Your photos are not great for evaluating the cosmetic elements of your nose. However, from what is visible, it would appear as though dorsal hump reduction is indicated.  This will naturally lead to an appropriate amount of tip elevation.  Nostril narrowing may be indicated via Weir excisions.

Be sure to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon with experience with Asian rhinoplasty.  Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures to gauge the surgeon's level of expertise.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

The photographs attached are not very good for giving a full assessment. I would suggest seeing a few expert rhinoplasty surgeons for a direct examination to further answer this question. You would definitely have a nice improvement to your facial features with some refining of the nose. I personally use a digital imaging computer when I see my consulting patients. This allows my patients to see their proposed surgical results. I also have many books of before and after photographs with the patients computer imaging and this allows the patient to see how close in proximity the actual and desired results are. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty techniques in an Asian nose

+1

It is really difficult to give you an appropriate answer with the limit photographic views that you have submitted.  It does appear that you have a slightly underprojected nasal tip that can be improved with a rhinoplasty.  Dynamic changes of the nose, like those when you smile, are difficult to correct.  It appears that you would get some improvement with a rhinoplasty but you need a thorough examination to give you some basis for expectations.  

Rhinoplasty and photos

+1

Sorry, but your photos really are very limited and do not give enought information ot properly assess the dificulty.  Also an intranasal exam is imperative as an evaluation of the skin, etc..  Good luck.

What Would You Rate This Rhinoplasty on a Difficulty Factor?

+1

Sorry but the photos you enclosed do not allow an adequate assessment. It is best if you seek out one or more rhinoplasty surgeons familiar with asian rhinoplasty.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD