Is 500cc Silicone Implant Subglandular Going To Make My Breast Too Big?

I use to wear bra size 34-36d after my son my breast have shrank down to a 34c deflated even though there is still a little volume to them they are kinda flat. My p.s and his assistant said i have good breast tissue so i am wondering what size will 500 cc bring me up to and are my boobs going to look naturally full or will they look ridiculously big?

+1

Thank you for the question. However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “naturally full” or "ridiculously big” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

500 cc breast implants are very large

+1
Thank you for your question.  500 cc breast implants are very large and I rarely uses them in average sized women.  Although you need a formal consultation and examination by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine breast implant size, in my experience implants in the 300-350 cc range are most common for patients with similar history to yours.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1
I consider 500 cc implants to be rather on the large side.  I try to stay in the mud 300 cc range.  Overly large implants will cause your breasts to say over time.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implant Size

+1
There are a number of factors that influence the final size of the breast.Factors that have an effect are ,implant size,breast size,skin envelope,body height,body width and weight to name a few of the factors involved.Computer imaging is useful for patient to understand how a size will impact their body.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

+1
That 500cc implant is certainly big, but I'm not sure how we could possibly answer your question without knowing what you look like now.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant size?

+1
The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without seeing photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon