Lip Augmentation with Fat Transfer and Systemic Scleroderma?

Hi! I've been diagnosed with systemic scleroderma and my lips are very thin. I never had particlarly full lips anyway and now they have nearly disappeared. My reumatologist has only one patient who went through lip augmentation, she didn't know which, only that that patient has trouble closing her mouth now. I live in Sweden and have therefore no idea how experienced our plastic surgeons are in this area.

Lip augmentation in scleroderma

+1

I have performed lip augmentation in a small number of people with rheumatological diseases, including mixed connective tissue disorders and systemic sclerosis. I have used fat, PermaLips and hyaluronic acid fillers, such as juvederm. The best results I have found are with Permalip solid silicone implants. Fat injections are good but there is a high rate of fat dissolving, and fillers tend to get absorbed more quickly than usual. I have put in fat injections and then used permalip implants, as that seems to work well, but equally, permalip implants on their own seem to do well too. It's probably best to have a few consultations with a few plastic surgeons, who can offer all types of treatments.

Glasgow Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

If the skin of the face and specially the lips is not involved in scleroderma, I see no reason not to do a fat transfer to the lips.