Do I need a butt lift or am I about normal? (photo)

I have a little more booty than some girls but I feel like its falling down a bit. I'm not sure if I need a butt lift or not. Am I sagging? Is there any exercises that lift the butt well?

Do I need a butt lift or am I about normal?

+2
You certainly do not need a buttlift.  I think that liposuction of the sides and back and maybe lateral thighs with fat transfer to the buttocks could improve your appearance.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Butt lift when?

+2

A flank liposuction, with placing the fat harvested into the buttocks, will be productive as well as Vaser skin tightening of the upper 50% of buttock.  Certainly no skin excision is indicated.   Keep it simple and you will be happy.  This shoud be quite affordable in any area.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Buttock enhancement options

+2
You are absolutely correct in your self evaluation.  Most women of your age and anatomic shape do not need an actual "buttock lift" whereby loose skin above or below the buttock cheeks is excised leaving a relatively long scar.  By adding (lost?) volume to your buttock it will perk up again/more like adding air to a deflated balloon.

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt lift?

+1

Hi marriedtoyou. You have good looking butt with a little droop. Critically looking at you you are a little square across the buttock. I would suggest if you would like suctioning your abdomen and flanks and fat grafting the sides of your buttock/hip area. This will give you more of an hour glass look and possibly lift the butt a bit.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon