Lip Augementation for Upper Lip & Side Profile Suggestions? (photo)

What would balance out my upper lip? There is no red lip tissue along the top (from the side profile). How would the side profile look/change? The slope from my nose to the top lip is almost at a negative angle. My goal was to balance out my awkward side profile. I am not a candidate for rhinoplasty since my skin is too thin, but was thinking of still getting a chin implant. Would a better top lip assist? Injections would be the starting point, but those get expensive. Silkon 100 reviews?

Lip augmentation suggestions

+1

Thank you for the photos.  In the face it is a good idea to start with something non permanent.  The soft and hard tissue of the face will change with time.  We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane).  It looks like you may benefit from some volume in the lips.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.

Lip Augmentation Options

+1

There are several options for augmenting lips.  These include hyaluronic acid products (Restylene, Juvederm), fat and synthetic products.  The hyaluronic acid products are excellent products to confirm that the patient is pleased with fuller lips before considering longer lasting and permanent treatments. 

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Lip ugmentation to improve side profile

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

I would suggest volumising upper lip with everting edges of the lips up ( borders of lips) and adding slight volume into wet/dry border to give your upper lip a body. Relaxing a muscle with Botox at the base of nasal septum will relax your upper lip and lengthen it a little. These will hopefully make transition between upper lip and nose sharper and of less an open angle.

I also would advise to add a deep dermal filler to increase projection of your chin to balance your nose, lips and chin -all 3 should in maximally close plane in a proportianate face

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Upper Lip Augmentation

+1

Thanks for the question and for the great pictures. First, when you are considering lip augmentation, I always recommend trying something temporary before something permanent.  Meaning, in my practice, I start with fillers (usually Restylane or Juvederm) first. Then, if the patient really likes the effect, we discuss longer-term solutions (like fat grafting or lip implants).  This helps in the decision process and avoids difficulties if you change your mind later.  Second, in terms of your other features, a rhinoplasty could be an excellent option.  Thin skin is not a contraindication to rhinoplasty, and multiple approaches can be used to overcome any concerns about your skin.  Finally, one of the reasons you may be noticing the aesthetic issues around your nose and mouth is that you have a relatively small chin. A chin implant, particularly when performed with a rhinoplasty, can be an excellent procedure.  Similar to what I mentioned above, a temporary way to try this out is to use fillers first.  For the chin, I use Radiesse. Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip implants look so natural and are easy to get.

+1

A lip implant can permanently improve your upper lip and is easy to undergo. Takes about 20 min under local and runs @1500-2000. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin too thin for rhinoplasty?

+1

I think I just commented on another question you posted about skin being too thin for rhinoplasty.  I would highly recommend that you get a second opinion before giving up on rhinoplasty.  In your case, a rhinoplasty, chin implant, and lip filler would be an excellent combination.  Bringing the nose back a bit and balancing that with a chin implant would be nice.  Consider this also - If you reduce the projection of the tip, the skin won't be under so much tension pushing into the skin.  This will actually give the skin a slightly thicker, softer look. 

Again, also, I beg you not to do Silikon 1000. Just think a bit about having something injected into your tissues (lips or nose) that is PERMANENT.  It can be an absolute disaster if done incorrectly, or if you simply don't like it. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial aesthetics

+1

It looks like from the limited profile that you  need a chin implants and maybe a rhinoplasty.  I would avoid silicone in the lips becuase the long term problems associated with silicone injections may be difficult to treat.