Would Juvederm Help Create an Upper Lip when I Smile? (photo)

I have a lower lip, but no upper lip. How long would it last? I am really not found of the lips that look unnatural-think Housewives of Beverly Hills! Thank so much!

Will Juvederm help create more lip show when I smile? lips?

+2

Absolutely! Juvederm is a perfect product for creating fuller lips.  This can give a soft, natural looking fullness, without being over done.  This typically lasts up to 1 yr however, in some cases it is even longer. Just be sure to go to someone with good experience and credentials.   

Creating an upper lip

+2

Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm, Restylane or Belotero are the best options for lip augmentation. The differences between each of the hyaluronic acid gel products include particle size, total concentration, and the extent of cross linking. When done carefully with modest amounts, your results should look quite natural. I tell my patients to expect the correction for at least one year but often it can last even longer. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane! Her results lasted for several years before requiring a touch-up.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Would Juvederm Help Create an Upper Lip when I Smile?

+2

Yes try 1 cc of Juvederm to upper lip. Than if you do not like the appearance it will metabolize over the next 3 to 6 months. Cost vary from $400 to $800. 

Natural lips with hyaluronic acid fillers and botox

+2

Hyaluronic acid fillers can bring your upper lip into proportion with your lower lip, which is very pleasing and natural. While fillers need to be repeated in the lips, I have found that the amount and frequency of filler injection decreases after 2-3 treatments. This is probably due to the filler stimulating your own body to create collagen, further reinforcing the structure of your lips. If you upper lip becomes smaller with smiling, you may have an element of a "gummy smile." This responds beautifully to botox, which relaxes the muscles that cause your lip to roll in/under with smiling.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lip augmentation

+2

Based on the picture provided, Juvederm would help make your upper lip a little fuller and enhance your features. Ask the provider to be conservative and have him/her inject in stages while you look in a mirror so that you are happy with the result and too much is not injected.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Juvederm would provide a nice result in slightly augmenting your lips

+2

Juvederm would provide a nice result in slightly augmenting your lip with a natural appearance. While it is unfortunate that we do see the "duck" lip appear quite often on television it is unnecessary.  Juvederm is injected daily with a natural enhancing effect in the hands of skilled surgeons with a very high patient satisfaction. Best regards. Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

+2

Yes,  a filler like Juvederm would be able to augment the upper lip.  It will last 6-8 months and there's no reason that the upper lip or any lip needs to look unattractive, "ducky" or "over-blown".  IMHO, this is an indication that the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon or MD that did the Lip Augmentation doesn't understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and lip) beauty.  The Palmer Code recognizes the proper aesthetic size and proportion of the lips to make them naturally attractive.

Juvederm can be used following the same aesthetic principles but will have an upper-limit to the degree of fullness that can be achieved.  If further augmentation, is desired, Alloderm Lip Implants provide the possibility of fuller lips and lasts about 7 years.

Juvederm for lip augmentation

+2

Juvederm is an excellent filler for lip augmentation.  A fuller, but natural-appearing result is readily achievable in the right hands.  It tends to last a bit shorter than other areas of the face due to the dynamic nature of the lips, but expect 3-6 months.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Lip augmentation

+2

Lip augmentation can be done safely and judiciously.  Remember that it will be more swollen just after injection and then will settle down.

Juvederm for a fuller lip

+2

Fillers done tastefully can help give you a fuller but natural looking upper lip.  As the other surgeons stated, a well trained injector can provide a natural enhancement without the duck lip look.  The fillers usually last about six months in the lip and the procedure takes less the thirty minutes.  You may have a day or so of some swelling but usually it looks good by the next day.

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon