How Will a Chin Implant Help a Rounded Face? (photo)

Would a chin implant add some shape to the face? I have attached two photos of Bristol Palin after her surgery. I am assuming that is more than a chin implant and her jaw was moved, but I am not sure. What type of face is this called where the dimensions for the jaw gradually slope to the chin? What techniques are needed to achieve this? Thanks so much!

Chin Implant for Rounded Face

+1

A chin implant can create a more angular face.  It will be critical to be evaluated and for the correct size and type of implant chosen for you.  In addition, the chin implant can be further sculpted to give even more precise adjustment.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant for facial shape

+1

Insertion of a chin implant is designed to give an augmentation to the chin area in  mostly the frontal projection.   A chin implant also gives width  and vertical height to the chin area. A neck lift or  submental liposuction  or weight loss and a chin implant all contribute to a more angular facial shape 

Chin LengtheningTo Deround The Face

+1

That type of chin change that occurred in Bristol Palin was due to a chin osteotomy or sliding genioplasty. The vertical length of the chin was lengthened and minimally advanced. This also creates more of a triangular chin shape and a longer jawline that slopes into the chin. This type of chin change can not occur from a chin implant and does really help make a fuller face look thinner.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Round face and chin implant

+1
Weight loss can achieve a lot of changes in the appearance of a person. Occasionally, cosmetic surgery will help too. For a round face, jowl fat extraction as well as facial implants will help achieve a more chieseled look.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

There are a number of shaped implants for the chin.I would need to see a view from the side to determine if you were even a candidate for the procedure.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Chin Implant used in a rounded face.

+1

There are so many variables that go in to the final result following chin augmentation that it is difficult to predict how it will look on you, particularly without your own photos. The patient photos you present show a significant weight loss that significantly changes the shape of her face. The main goal of chin augmentation with an implant is to balance the strength of the lower face with the mid-face. In instances of vertical excess or deficiency of the bone, operations upon the bony portion of the chin may be indicated.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Chin Implant

+1

A chin implant will contour to the shape of your face, it will narrow down the bottom of your face giving it a more enlongated or heart shape definition.  Your bone structure will be more define and it will balance out your cheeckbones and features.

According to the pictures, she seems to have lost weight which could define the rounded look to a narrower shape, furthermore she could have had her jawline shaved down and a definite chin implant.  A chin liposuction or mini chin lift might have helped to remove the extra tissue/fat she had after weightloss.

David Alessi, MD