How Would a Chin Implant Compliment a Rhinoplasty from the Front Profile? (photo)

Hopefully my pictures will load this time. I have a very round face and I am wondering if a chin implant from the front view would allow me to achieve more shape. Bristol Palin had work done that is a great example of what I am trying to achieve. The jawline slopes down to the chin; the distance from the cheeks becomes smaller as it slops to the chin. It's almost triangular in appearance. Thanks so very much for your help!

Effect of chin implant combined with rhinoplasty

+1

Chin implantation is commonly combined with rhinoplasty to better balance out the facial features. The effect is most noticeable on profile view but it can also help to balance out the lower part of the face on frontal view.

You would want to discuss your options with your rhinoplasty surgeon and go through digital morphing in the office to see how changing both the nasal and chin appearance looks in your case.

You can read more about combining chin augmentation and rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/chin-augmentation

Angular Features with Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

The rhinoplasty could deproject the tip, and the chin implant could improve the nose and chin harmony as well as balance between the middle third and lower third of the face.  The creation of a more angular less square jaw is another benefit noticed on frontal view.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who routinely performs rhinoplasty and chin augmentation at the same time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Implant.php

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

+1

Chin implants are quite useful for improving harmony amongst facial features.  A properly selected implant will allow improvement from both frontal and profile views.  Within reasonable limits vertical height, width, and projection of the chin can be adjusted. Be sure to discuss these desires with your surgeon and I think videoimaging would be helpful for your communication.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes in Front View with Chin Implant

+1

We frequently talk about significant changes in the profile following chin augmentation but a properly selected implant will also improve the proportions between your wide chin and your well-defined narrow nose.

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

+1

The combination of chin implant and rhinoplasty is very  commonly performed in our practice. Chin implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes  and are designed to give more projection to the chin as well as small amount of vertical height and a moderate amount of width from the frontal profile. If more frontal   width and angulation is desired, custom carving of the implants could also be performed during the time of surgery. The rhinoplasty procedure would involve a decreasing in the overall projection of the nose  to make it less prominent,  so that it fits with the new chin profile. There is virtual imaging software our website to see what your new results might look like.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/chinimplant_photos07.html

Chin Changes for Facial Lengthening/Shape Change

+1

Either a central button chin implant or a chin osteotomy (sliding genioplasty) can create a more triangular-shaped jawline. The decision between the two is based on how much vertical lengthening, if any, that the chin needs. Computer imaging can help make that determination.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/chin.html

Chin implant changes

+1

A chin implant chosen from a variety of shapes would improve your profile. If the implant does not have great lateral extension, the face would appear more triangular than at present. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon