How Would a Chin Implant Compliment a Rhinoplasty from the Front Profile? (photo)

Hopefully my pictures will load this time. I have a very round face and I am wondering if a chin implant from the front view would allow me to achieve more shape. Bristol Palin had work done that is a great example of what I am trying to achieve. The jawline slopes down to the chin; the distance from the cheeks becomes smaller as it slops to the chin. It's almost triangular in appearance. Thanks so very much for your help!

Angular Features with Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

The rhinoplasty could deproject the tip, and the chin implant could improve the nose and chin harmony as well as balance between the middle third and lower third of the face.  The creation of a more angular less square jaw is another benefit noticed on frontal view.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who routinely performs rhinoplasty and chin augmentation at the same time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

+1

Chin implants are quite useful for improving harmony amongst facial features.  A properly selected implant will allow improvement from both frontal and profile views.  Within reasonable limits vertical height, width, and projection of the chin can be adjusted. Be sure to discuss these desires with your surgeon and I think videoimaging would be helpful for your communication.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes in Front View with Chin Implant

+1

We frequently talk about significant changes in the profile following chin augmentation but a properly selected implant will also improve the proportions between your wide chin and your well-defined narrow nose.

Chin Changes for Facial Lengthening/Shape Change

+1

Either a central button chin implant or a chin osteotomy (sliding genioplasty) can create a more triangular-shaped jawline. The decision between the two is based on how much vertical lengthening, if any, that the chin needs. Computer imaging can help make that determination.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implant changes

+1

A chin implant chosen from a variety of shapes would improve your profile. If the implant does not have great lateral extension, the face would appear more triangular than at present. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon