How Will a Chin Implant Affect My Frontal View? How Painful is It? Do You Have to Remove it?

I main question is how would a chin implant affect my frontal view? My face is round and I would like it narrow down to a chin. Could a chin implant assist with this? How painful is a chin implant compared to rhinoplasty (I would get both.) Do I have to have the implant removed like breast augmentation?

Chin implant and frontal view

+1

A chin implant shows the most dramatic result with the side profile. However, a chin implant will help a little bit with the frontal view. Pain following a chin implant is minimal, and can be controlled with pain medication if necessary. It is a relatively easy procedure, and yields a fantastic result for the right patient. If necessary, the implant can be removed. However, this should not be necessary if the procedure is performed properly by a skilled facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Chin implants

+1

On frontal view, a chin implant generally will add definition and contour, but not a lot of length the vertical height of the face. It can create a sharper appearance to the chin and jawline. The discomfort after the surgery is comparable to rhinoplasty. Generally, most people have their implants for life, and it is not necessary to change or remove them unless there is a complication or the patient wants it removed for another reason.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Augmentation and Its Effect on the Frontal View

+1

If a more triangular chin is desired then a central button style chin implant should be used. Chin implants are very easy to remove and offer comparable discomfort to a rhinoplasty.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Frontal view chin implant placement

+1

There are many different  shapes and sizes of chin implants that are used in our practice. Each implant has a different effect on the mandible. In general the chin becomes wider and more angular. A chin implant placement can be performed under local anesthesia as a stand-alone procedure, or performed under general anesthesia at the same time as the rhinoplasty. Please see  the link below for many examples of the combination rhinoplasty and chin implant  in our practice

Chin implant affecting front view of face

+1

I would need a picture to state how a chin implant would affect your particular face. Usually the front view looks more triagular after most chin implants. Chin implants are very easy to remove .

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant and Frontal View

+1

There are a number of shapes for chin implants.Each shape provides a different result.The side view is of course the main area of improvement.Chin implants do not need to be removed and are not extremely painful to place.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Chin implants

+1

You should meet with very qualified plastic surgeons who specialize in the face and discuss this in person.  A chin implant doesn't need to removed unless there are problems, neither do breast implants.  Chin implant recovery is generally easy and these are often placed at the time of a rhinoplasty.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Chin Implant Surgery and rhinoplasty

+1

Chin augmentation will help with the angles of the chin providing a more pronounced stronger chin versus a weak or recessed chin. Whether you are a candidate for augmentation or not would require either photographs both profile and front view or a direct examination during consultation. Chin implants do not need to be replaced like breast implants and will remain intact. Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are two procedures which are combined together quite often and compliment each other. These procedures have a high level of patient satisfaction with minimal downtime and pain. Digital imaging during your consultation will allow you to see the proposed results prior to your procedure and is very close in proximity to the end results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin Implant with Rhinoplasty

+1

The chin implant can give the illusion of a more angular face due to the increase in chin projection.  The chin implant can stay in its pocket for as long as you want.  It does not have to be replaced unless there is a problem.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs chin implant and rhinoplasty surgery on a regular basis.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA