Could Stitches from Mid-face Lift Prevent Normal Smile?

I had Mid facelift and lower eyelid removed a month ago and I'm still swollen and there is some white millias under my eye now. I don't think I can smile as I use to. Is it because of that stitches in my mouth? Help me. How long will it be like that?

+1

This sounds temporary to me.  It is only one month after surgery and you are still swollen.  It is highly unlikely that midface lift sutures will permanently affect your smile.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek Lift Recovery

+1

Prolonged swelling after a cheek lift is possible. The temporary change in your smile is due to the swelling which will resolve. The milia are temporary.

Difficuty smiling after cheek lift

+1

Thils is likely due to sevral factors including swelling, mechanical interference with the muscles, neuropraxia, etfc. It is very likely that the vast majority of your symptoms will resolve over time with littel sequela.

All will go away probably in a few months.

+1

Midface lifts usually cause a smile change and this resolves in a few months without any treatment. Nothing will make this go faster. The milia will also go away.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.