Stitches in Face After Fat Transfer to Nasal Labial Folds Normal?

I had a fat transfer to my nasal labial folds (marionette lines) 8 days ago. My stitches come out today. They are really starting to hurt and I've kept them clean but I am concerned about having scars on my face now? Is it normal for them to be placed after a fat transfer? I had my breast done at the same time and there are stitches there too but I'm less concerned if any scars happen there. I am 41 if that makes any difference. I'm kinda worried if I made a mistake getting this done now.

Its a very small puncture

+1

hi, fat transfer to the nasolabial fold its made almost every day in our center when we do liposuction or any other procedure. its a fast and a well tolerated event.  we never put stitches. its a very small pinch. ask your PS to remove'it fast so it wont leave a visible scar

Translation provided by doctor:

hola, la inyeccion de grasa se realiza a diario en nuestro centro cuando hacemos liposucciones o cualquier otro procedimiento.es rapido y bien tolerado. nunca ponemos suturas. pregunta a tu cirujano para que lo retire pronto para que no deje cicatriz.  

dr jpc

Web reference: http://www.plasticatijuana.com

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Stitches after fat transfer?

+1

Stitches are not necessary after fat transfer,  The tiny fat transfer needles can be led in via a 16 gauge needle and  often  by a 18 or 21 gauge needle.  No incision is necessary.   Hopefully your stitches will not leave marks.   I think its fair to say most surgeons do not use stitches and have no need to use stitches.  My Best,  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer for the face

+1

Dear Mejustbetter71,

• I would visit your surgeon, or call them for some advice
  • You should definitely wear sunscreen to keep the scar from darkening
  • If there are incisions, they should have been placed such that it will fade over time and you should not see them

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/fat-transfer.html

Face stitches for fat transfer

+1

Usually stitches are not necessary . In your case ,  after  getting them removed your doctor will probably recommend some medication to help the scar fade faster . If not, you can probably get some at the pharmacy or the internet . Rose hip oil based ones , work very good on the face . After a few weeks you should be looking good . Make sure you use solar protection .                                                                                                                                               Best wishes                                                                                                   

Sutures In Face After Fat Transfer

+1

It is not unusal to have a small suture in the area of the face that the fat was transferred to.  Sometimes it is not necessary, but it just depends on the size of the cannula used to re-inject the fat.  Either way, once the suture is removed, the area should become less irritated and fade over time.  Most of the time you cannot even see where that suture was once everything is all healed up.  It may take a month or two, but that is normal.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon