Stitch Came Un Done in Upper Abdomen a Few Hours After Tummy Tuck when Trying to Move, Can I Repair It?

I had liposuction 1 yr ago and then a tummy tuck 2 months ago along with a hernia correction. The stitches in the upper abdomen came undone, the rest of the tummy is ok, but i have a bulge. My Surgeon said it was a had surgery as there was significant scarring from the previous lipo surgery and so said he would not go back in. Is it advisable in 2 years time to see another Dr instead. Obviously giving him all the information.

Revisional surgery after abdominoplasty is extremely unusual.

+1

If you indeed had failure of the fascia repair, a revisional procedure might be necessary. I would postpone this however until all the inflammation has subsided.

Tummy tuck revision

+1

If you do need a revision I would wait several months to allow the swelling to resolve.  Then, you might need to return to the operating room to tighten the muscles in order to fix the bulge.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Redoing Muscle Plication after Disruption of Previous Tummy Tuck Plication?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experience. Although accurate advice would require in person consultation, it is generally possible to plicate the abdominal wall muscles despite previous liposuction surgery has been performed. For your own peace of mind, it may be a good idea to seek second opinion consultations with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.