How to Remove Stitch Impressions?

I cut my hand by blade 5 months ago. After that, the doctor stitched it and now I want to remove the stitches impression. Please suggest how it could be removed.

Scar revision

+2

Scar revision is the only way to remove the suture impression. The area would need to be examined to make sure you have enough skin elasticity. Hope that helps!

Scar revision for stitch marks

+1

Sometimes the stitches can leave dots on either side of the scar. These stitch marks are scars themselves. Usually, the only way to remove them is to perform a scar revision. Make sure the area is fully healed before doing this. Your surgeon will have to determine if the skin will allow for this and how it should be done.

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Stitch scars

+1

The impression on the skin after having sutures placed usually go away if the sutures are taken out within 5-7 days on the face, about 10 days on the hand, to name a few. However, some individuals still get them.. You may need a scar revision, but I would wait at least 1 year to allow for softening and complete healing.