Stitch Left for 5 Years After Prolapse Surgery, Should I be Concerned?

I had prolapse sugery 5 years ago, I have since found out a stitch has been left at the top of my vigina. my doctor tried to remove in in the clinic but on loosed it, i now have a wait for a hospital appointment to remove the stitch, can this be the cause of pain i have in my pelvic bone and lower back?? also what can this do to me being left for so long?.

Suture exposure treated with simple removal

+1

If there is no infection then I don't thing there is much to worry about.Most likely this was a permanent suture that became exposed with time. Simple removal is all that is necessary. Although anything is possible it would be very unlikely that this is the cause of your pain.