Could it be a stitch that has not dissolved? When will it go away? If so, is there anything I can do to help it dissolve?

I had mohs surgery done about six weeks ago. The wound seems to be seeming fine, but a little below the wound, I have a small lump that doesn't want to go away.

Bump after Mohs surgery

+1

If you detect a problem with healing or a new bump after Mohs surgery, it is best to discuss this with your Mohs surgeon. 

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Small bump after Mohs

+1
Your best bet is to see the surgeon who performed the procedure for an evaluation. Yes, it could very well be a suture that was put in the under layers which has not dissolved completely - we do see this happen although it's infrequent. Rather than guessing it's best to just have it looked at.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Bump Near Surgery Site... What Could It Be?

+1

Your best option is to contact the doctor who performed the reconstruction and let them evaluate the surgery site. It could be a number of things... it could be what is referred to as a tricone, which is a little bit of redundant tissue. Frequently, when this is small it will resolve on its own. It could also be a small cyst or an absorbable suture. Best option... see the doctor and have it checked out. Good luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD