Stitch Abcess? (photo)

A had a revision done on my breast lift plus implants 25 days ago. 4 days ago I removed 2 sutures from the spot in the picture. I sent pictures to my PS and was told to keep it clean, put neosporin on it, cover with guaze. It was a scab and now looks like yellow tissue. I see my PS in 1 week. Should I request to be seen in person sooner? Does this look infected? Or like it is on its way to healing? I do trust my PS but honestly I don't want to go in early if 1 week would be fine.

Stitch Abscess after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

These types of superficial wound healing problems related to stitch problems that you are experiencing is not uncommonly seen after this type of surgery. These areas usually go on to heal without long-term sequela. Urgent evaluation is not necessary.

Stitch abscess

+1

It looks like you had a sticth abscess and will probably heal fairly quickly.  If you feel the urger to see your surgeon than you should do so.

It's a stitch abcess.

+1

This will heal in with time and not really effect the long term result.  I do not recommend Neosporin or Polysporin to my patients because many patients develop sensitivity to these antibiotic creams.  I alway recommend Bacitracin ointment which is usually better tolerated. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Stitch abcess

+1

Your description and the photo provided seem consistent with a small local "stitch abscess" which is now healing. The scab that you noted originally has turned whitish yellow because you have kept it moist with Neosporin. This is not unusual. There does not appear to be any significant redness or other evidence of infection in the photo. I would call your surgeon and perhaps even forward the photo to get his/her opinion, but it is likely that keeping your current appointment is appropriate.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Stitch Abcess

+1

Given the site, this most certainly was a stitch abscess, and removal of the offending sutures was the right treatment. I would not move up your appointment, unless something begins to looks worse--more or extending redness, drainage, fevers, etc. 

Appears to be healing normally given the stitch problem.