Still wrinkles in inner eye corner after botox. What to do?

i, I'm 38 and a regular for botox in forehead, crow's feet, bunny lines and chin. Usually I'm very happy with the results. There is only one thing that still bothers me: I seem to be left with lines in the inner corner of one eye (when I smile). My doctor first said it is because of the muscles from the bunny lines, and added more botox there. Now my nose is 'frozen' , but unfortunately the lines are still ther. Is there anything that can be done about this? My doctor says there isn't...

BOTOX for Bunny Lines

+1
Hello there. Although BOTOX is not FDA approved for bunny lines and chin wrinkles, many doctors still administer it to these areas. Off-label use isn't harmful, but it may not be as effective as it would be if BOTOX were used for its approved indications. I recommend waiting a few months to allow some of the effects to wear off and then visiting your practitioner again for more focused treatment of your bunny lines. Good luck, and thanks for your question.

La Jolla Dermatologic Surgeon

Lines on the inner corner of the eye

+1
The inner corner of the lower eye lid is a very common site for the eye muscle to produce wrinkling.  It is not related to the nose muscle which wrinkles the nose but is a function of the eye muscle itself (orbicularis oculi muscle). It can be injected with Botox and will relax very nicely. However, if the physician is not experienced with this injection it is easy for the injection to result in bruising.

Niels C. Krejci, MD
Boston Dermatologist

Botox around the eyes for crow's feet

+1
Botox is ideally suited for smoothing out the fine lines around the eyes.  It sounds like you may need a simple "touch-up" in the "bunny lines" to smooth this out.  Since you seem too "frozen" now I would wait a few weeks before returning to your doctor for correction.  It is very important to find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Botox for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

The use of BOTOX®

+1
The use of BOTOX®  at the inner aspect of the lower eyelid near the nose is an "off-label" use.  The FDA recommends the use of BOTOX® in very specific areas.  The most prudent way to treat this area would be a blepharoplasty if you are a candidate.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS