I Still Have Tubular Breasts After Augmentation. 1 Months Post. Options?

I am 4 weeks post op from augmentation. I got 286cc under the muscle, although I am unhappy with the side and feel they are too small my other big concern is that I have tubular breasts and in doing the BA I was told I would have natural looking breast and not tubular anymore but right now I HATE them They are too small and still very tubular. I feel like I wasted my money and they look the same as they did before surgery. Will they settle and not look tubular anymore or what are my options?

Not Happy after Surgery for Tuberous Breasts

+2

It is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. However, given that you are only one month out of your surgical procedure, you can expect continued changes to occur; hopefully these changes will serve to improve the appearance of your breasts.

For example, many patients with constricted/tuberous breasts will have a very short distance from the areola to inframammary fold present naturally. During corrective surgery this distance from the areola to inframammary fold is often increased and “rounded out”. Breast implants are used to fill out this area but it may take several months for the breast implants to fully “settle”.

At this point, I would suggest that you continue to be patient and continue  to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Evaluate the end results of surgery approximate 6 months after the procedure was performed;  if still displeased, depend on exactly what the situation is, revision surgery may be helpful to you.

I Still Have Tubular Breasts After Augmentation

+1

Please consider attaching pre and post-op photos. It is not possible to give you a useful response without them.

There are "mild" cases of tubular breast deformity that can be treated by implants alone, and others that require more complex surgery than implants alone. 

Thanks for your question. Best wishes.